Osyanin Andrey Nikolaevich, Candidate of sociological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of philosophy, Nizhny Novgorod Academy of the Ministry of the Interior of the Russian Federation (3 Ankudinovskoe highway, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), Prepod80@rambler.ru
Background. The purpose of this article is to examine the structure of opinions and views of researchers about patriotism, theoretical filling of this concept, as well as the methodological approaches used in his study. As an element of national identity, patriotism is a multifaceted and multidimensional phenomenon that combines a variety of components and contradictions, which complicates the analysis of the phenomenon in social life. It seems to be topical to analyze patriotism formed at the state-authority level and at the level of individual practices of population.
Materials and methods. The main provisions of this article are based on results obtained by Russian and West European scientists: L. D. Gudkov, V. A. Yadov, P. Reshetnikov, N. Bahanova, N. P. Smolin, M. K. Gorshkov, Yu. A. Zubok, Y. G. Volkov, N. I. Lapin, N. E. Tikhonova, L. M. Drobizheva, Z. T. Toshchenko, I. G. Yasaveeva, L. Boltanski and L. Thevenot and others. The article is a review of the theoretical field of the study of patriotism for the purpose of identifying the actual methods of its study and semantic content.
Results and conclusions. The article considers the features of patriotism building at the state-authority level and at the level of individual practices of population; describes the basic theoretical directions of the Russian and West European sociological thought, which reveals the semantic content of the concept of patriotism; and concludes that for the study of these aspects is advisable to use the pragmatic method, the method of social problems construction, the sociology of worlds, the concept of “compassion fatigue”.
patriotism, national consciousness, national media, passive patriotism, individual practices of Russians, Soviet patriotism, public-sovereign patriotism, research field of patriotism
1. Magaril S. A. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2016, no. 1, pp. 142–151.
2. Patriotizm i gosudarstvo [Patriotism and state]. Available at: http://www.levada.ru/ 2015/04/29/patriotizm-i-gosudarstvo/ (accessed November 15, 2016).
3. Sanina A. G. Sotsiologicheskie issledovaniya [Sociological research]. 2016, no. 5, pp. 45, 46.
4. Gudkov L. D. Negativnaya identichnost' [Negative identity]. Moscow, 2004, pp. 650–654.
5. Yadov V. A. Samoregulyatsiya i prognozirovanie sotsial'nogo povedeniya lichnosti: dispozitsionnaya kontseptsiya [Self-regulation and forecasting of personality’s social behavior: the disposition conception]. Moscow, 2013, pp. 110–126.
6. Patriotizm kak ideologiya vozrozhdeniya Rossii [Patriotism as a Russian revival ideology]. Execut. ed. T. S. Guzenkov. Moscow, 2014, pp. 29–72.
7. Gorshkov M. K. Rossiyskoe obshchestvo kak ono est' [The Russian society as is]. Moscow, 2011, pp. 73–90.
8. Chuprov V. I., Zubok Yu. A., Romanovich N. A. Otnoshenie k sotsial'noy real'nosti v rossiyskom obshchestve: sotsiokul'turnyy mekhanizm formirovaniya i vosproizvodstva [Russian society’s attitude to social reality: sociocultural mechanism of formation and
reproduction]. Moscow, 2014, pp. 139–190, 202–205.
9. Volkov Yu. G. Kreativnost': istoricheskiy proryv Rossii [Creativity: a historical breakthough of Russia]. Moscow, 2011, pp. 92–96.
10. Lapin N. I. Obshchaya sotsiologiya [General sociology]. Moscow, 2006, pp. 670–680.
11. Tikhonova N. E. Novye idei v sotsiologii [New ideas in sociology]. Moscow, 2013, pp. 309–339.
12. Toshchenko Zh. T. Zhiznennyy mir nauchno-tekhnicheskoy i sotsial'no-gumanitarnoy intelligentsii: obshchee i osobennoe [The life-world of scientific-engineering and sociohumanitarian intelligentsia: the general and particular]. Moscow: RGGU, 2015, pp. 13–24. 13. Yasaveev I. G. Konstruirovanie sotsial'nykh problem sredstvami massovoy kommunikatsii [Constructing social problems by means of mass communication]. Kazan: Izd-vo Kazanskogo un-ta, 2004, 200 p.
14. Boltanski L., Teveno L. Kritika i obosnovanie spravedlivosti: ocherki sotsiologii gradov [Critics and substantiation of justice: essays of the sociology of worlds]; transl. French from by O. V. Koveneva. Moscow: Novoe literaturnoe obozrenie, 2013, p. 576.